Homemade vanilla ice cream most simple and easy way to make ice cream at home. This method will be teaching you making the world’s most healthiest and delicious ice cream. Because you are going to make it by yourself there is going to be a really healthy dish. It is the most favorite dish in summer times everyone loves eating ice creams and they are quite expensive too. So why not Do it yourself. recently I have written about How to make an omelette in this post I have shared Top 3 Recipes so go check that as well. Let’s begin the cool, chilled and icy recipe.
Make Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream:
Since this recipe is going to be the only recipe of making Vanilla Ice cream at home, so I have made my efforts to make it as perfect as I can. But in case you find any mistakes in the making process please feel free to write in the comments box below. I will appreciate your feedback. Let’s begin.
- egg yolks – 4 large size
- granulated sugar – 2/3 cup
- whole milk – 1 1/2 cups
- vanilla bean 1 or vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- heavy cream – 1 1/2 cups
Tools / Equipment:
- Mixing bowls
- Fine-mesh strainer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium saucepan
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Instant-read thermometer
- Ice cream machine
- Wax paper
- First, you will need to chill your ice cream bowl.
- Prepare an ice bath. Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and some water. Place another smaller bowl on top of the water. Keep it closed while making your ice cream.
- Take egg yolks in a bowl add sugar and whisk them well.
- Take milk in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Add vanilla bean seeds into the milk, and add the pod (or just add the vanilla extract). Bring the milk to a simmer, then take it off from heat.
- Now Ladle out about 1 cup of the hot milk. slowly pour it into the egg-sugar mixture, while whisking constantly. This step will make eggs warmed up and prevents them from curdling in the next step, this is called tempering.
- Take a saucepan and slowly pour the tempered egg-sugar mixture into the saucepan, also add the remaining milk in it.
- Reduce the saucepan heat to low. Stir the mixture slowly and constantly. Keep cooking until the base has thickened enough to coat the back of the spatula and make sure it’s temperature is 170°F on an instant-read thermometer if you got one at your home. Now your ice cream base is ready.
- Now Pour the ice cream base through the reserved fine-mesh strainer that we prepared in step 2. Set over the bowl to remove the vanilla pod.
- Keep Stirring the heavy cream into the ice cream base.
- Leave the ice-cream base until completely chilled, about 20 minutes. Alternatively, you can cover the bowl and refrigerate for at about 3-4 hours or maybe overnight.
- Now that your ice cream base is chilled. Transfer it to the bowl of your ice cream machine. Churn until the base has thickened something like a thick milkshake.
- Now your Homemade Vanilla ice cream is ready. Freeze it and after that its ready to be served.