How to make an omelette at home
How to make an omelette? The easiest thing to make for a breakfast is omelet, or omelette as some people spell it. In this post, we are going to teach you the top 3 recipes that you can try to make your first perfect omelette.
What is omelet?
It is a classic dish made from beaten eggs and fried with oil or butter but without stirring it. Because if you stir it then it will become a scrambled egg.
The omelet is cooked in a frying fan. And mostly it’s been folded in half to make it thick and more delicious. So let’s begin! But before doing that, you should also check out how to make slime without glue. It’s an amazing article.
Recipe # 01 — Classic Omelette or French Omelette
- Eggs 2
- Water or Milk 2 Tbsp
- Salt 1/8 tsp
- Butter or oil 1 Tbsp
- Finely chopped onions for the filling 1/3 to 1/2
- Start with Beating eggs, water, pepper and salt in small bowl until blended nicely
- Now add chopped onions in the beaten egg liquid and mix it well
- Take a omelette pan and heat the butter over medium-high heat until it becomes hot. Then tilt pan to coat bottom. pour in the beaten eggs mixture.The mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Now very gently push the cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner. Because that will help uncooked eggs to reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, gently moving cooked portions as needed and tilting the pan.
- When egg’s top surface is thickened and there is no visible liquid of the egg remains, start folding the omelet in half with turner.
- Your Classic omelette is now ready to be served, enjoy.
Recipe # 02 — Cheese Omelette
- 2 Eggs
- Butter or Olive oil
- Cheddar or Mozzarella cheese 10 g.
- Pepper (optional).
- Salt 1/8 tsp.
- Some filling heaped cup, like chopped onions or bell pepper (use whatever you like).
- Start whisking the eggs in a bowl.
- Heat an omelette pan with Butter or oil.
- What pan is hot enough, add chopped onions along with other ingredients.
- Now reduce the flame to medium and pour the beaten egg mixture.
- Let it cook until its top is thickened, and then flip it.
- Fry it until the both sides are cooked well, then add grated Cheese as desired.
- Fold it in half and cook it until the cheese melts.
- Your Cheese omelet is ready to be served.
Recipe # 03 — Spanish Omelette or Tortilla
- Medium size onion 1
- Desirée potatoes 275g/10oz
- Olive oil 3 Tablespoons
- Large size eggs 5
- Fresh milled black pepper
- Take an onion and cut in half, then slice each half and separate the layers into half-moon shapes.
- Now take potatoes thinly pare them using a potato peeler and slice them into thin round shapes.
- Take an omelette pan or non-stick frying pan. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and let it heat for 1 minute or until its smoking hot. Then add onions and potatoes.
- Toss them so oil is coated well, then reduce the flame to low level.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Put a lid on the frying pan, and let the onions and potatoes cook gently for about 18-20 minutes.
- start Beating eggs, when onions and potatoes are cooked take them out in the pan and add beaten eggs, mix them really well. add some oil in a pan and put this mixture back to pan again. Let them cook for 20-25 minutes without the lid on.
- When there is no liquid on the surface, just flip it over to cook the other side.
- Let it cook for about 2 more minutes and then its ready to be served.
Try it out and tell me which one is the best way of making omelette at home. Leave your answer in the comments.